Restaurant Review - El Fogons de Canadal

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

mwana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Restaurant Review - El Fogons de Canadal

Post by mwana »

This restaurant is just past La Jonquera (at the roundabout for Cantallops turn left instead of right for Cantallops, and go behind La Tortuga supermarket, and then turn right up a steep hill following the signs for the restaurant, I have a sort of map I could cut and paste if needed).

I have been 3 or 4 times. There are set menus at lunch, of 18 euros, 28 euros and 43 euros, this includes all aperos, 3 courses, bottles of wine, coffee and digestives. On the 18 and 28 euro menu there is isn't much choice, I had a lovely duck salad, then veal entrecote, never managed pudding (they are large portions), friends have had the fish soup (lovely) and the zarzeula, also very nice, puds look nice and big too. Lovely service, and great setting, they have 2 terraces for the good days and a very nice indoors. Last time I went we had a la carte, which so as well as the apero's we had pica pica, a shared starter of grilled squid, cockles, prawns, iberian ham, olives, tomato bread and something else, then we had grilled turbot, again couldn't manage pud, but it was delicious although much more expensive than lunch (128 euros for 2 including wine and coffee/irish coffee). Anyway, highly recommend it.

Mwana
frenchiegas
Rank 1
Rank 1

Restaurant review=El Fogons

Post by frenchiegas »

We visit El Fogons about once a month or so,always at lunch times,whilst shopping in Spain.Usually have the 18 euro menu which changes on a daily basis.Its always been excellent,although large portions and not for those watching their cholesterol levels :roll: Definitely recommended. :D
Puddles
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Puddles »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How could you have DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.