Parking Barcelona airport

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

I'm having absolutely no luck trying to find out if there is off airport parking at Barcelona, which is reasonably priced!

Has no one out there ever flown out of Barcelona and parked off airport??? HELP!!! :cry:
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

Try booking a hotel for a night with free parking and get a taxi or shuttle to the airport. This is what I have done before.
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

Hi Rose,

Thought about that one, but booking in for one night = a maximum of two weeks parking. I need four weeks!!! Do you know of a hotel who for a nights booking, will let me park for four weeks??

Edwin
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

I think we might be going over old ground - couldn't you get someone to drive you to Figueres, and get the train...or get the train from Perpignan...or get Frogbus to Girona airport and travel onwards on the airport transport?
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

I could do all that, but 'm disabled and my wife is badly incapacitated and using our own car is the easiest option for us!! Public transport is the last option, which is why I keep trying just in case someone has the information!!
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Bringing this theme up agagin..

Alizée, my daughter, and her boyfriend will be flying with "Swiss" BCN-ZRH in early August and will stay with my other daughter Tanya for a week, taking in the famous Zurich Street Parade 08August** and some touristy stuff, as it will be Tony's (the boyfriend) first time in Switzerland.

They plan to drive from Carcassonne to Barcelona, fly the same day to Zurich and leave the car somewhere in a medium term parking. Booking a hotel is out of the question!

Anyone any constructive ideas out there?

In the old days, they could have left the car in the Swissair downtown parking at the central office - but those days and the people I knew are long gone..

** http://www.streetparade.ch/
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I would park at Figueres and take the train from there to the airport. There are other stops along that line that could be cheaper than Figueres for parking too. Perhaps in Gerona?
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rbg »

why don't you see if there is any brit type forum in the area ( maybe anglo info barcelona) and maybe you'll get some on the ground advice there .. or a swap, someone might be flying out of carcassonne soon and might be eager to do a car park swap?
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

As there seem to be no definite "concrete" tips forthcoming, rather than suggestions, I think I'll leave it to them - after all, the boyfriend has his own IT-based business and website - and can surf probably much better than I can!! I'm looking after the airline part already, anyway..

Best I got sofar was
Table showing Barcelona airport parking tariffs.
(Last updated May 2009)
Time & Rate
Up to 30 minutes 0.63 euros
31 minutes up to 60 minutes 1.00 euros
1 hours 1.63 euros
2 hours 3.27 euros
4 hours 6.55 euros
5 hours 8.19 euros
6 hours 9.83 euros
7 hours 11.46 euros
8 hours 13.10 euros
9 hours 14.74 euros
Maximum Daily rate up to 4 days 18.00 euros
Maximum Daily rate more than 4 days 14.40 euros

IMPORTANT If you have lost the ticket or you have any problems,
request information by pressing the button available on all of the
automatic payment machines or go to the information centre.

Last year's rates were

Up to 30 minutes €0.60
Next 30 minutes €0.95
Hourly rate €1.55
Maximum daily rate (up to 4 days) €16.95
Maximum daily rate (5 days or more) €13.95

so, like everything else - have gone up!!!
I deal in Logic!
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

BCN is notoriously difficult and expensive for car parking.

If we are going for any more than a few days from there we ALWAYS book in for one nt at the Tryp Aeropuerto hotel. You can get an on-line room often for 70€ and you can leave your car there as long as you want ,in relative security. Then just get their shuttle bus (every 20 mins) to the Airport.

Rog,is there not a TLS-ZRH service?
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Yes, but not at the price of my colleague's offer of 'friend tickets' on Swiss - which basically cost airport tax only. Unfortunately, Swiss doesn't fly to Toulouse!
I deal in Logic!