Car Insurance

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Janet Wilson
Rank 0
Rank 0

Car Insurance

Post by Janet Wilson »

Does anyone have a good Insurance Broker in France? near Canet would be good, I have had a quote this year for £550 which is ridiculous with two drivers over 50! In England that would be only £300 max. Any ideas please help.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Hi Janet

Welcome to the madhouse! :D

I like Groupama in Le Boulou. I find them helpful and competitive - they insure my house and cars.

It's been many years since I bought car insurance in England, but I do think that car insurance is more expensive over here. House insurance, on the other hand, I find more reasonable.

Hope this helps. :D
mwana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mwana »

I use Franck Martin (what was AGF) in Amelie les Bains, he undercut all our insurance, house (including swimming pool, and like for like replacement on fridges etc) cars, shop (we run a business) and top-up. I recommended him to a friend and she couldn't be happier, he will also come and see you. If you want I can give his number or e-mail address, he speaks good english (this was a bonus for me for an honest answer non roundabout answer) please feel free to pm me.

Mwana