Emergency windscreen needed

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Emergency windscreen needed

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Can anyone suggest an emergency place for replacing a car windscreen. A call out one as we can't move the car at the moment.
Thanks guys
Mountain Mama
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Don't Autoglass exist in France?. Only they are called Carglass.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

My French insurance company sent me the name of my nearest fitter, which I had to use - presumably they have a special deal with them. You don't have to pay and your no claims bonus is not affected.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Yes , contact your insurance. They will get someone to come to you.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

john wrote:Don't Autoglass exist in France?. Only they are called Carglass.
Carglass Perpignan is excellent!
http://www.carglass.fr/Contactez-nous.734.0.html
We had them come in Le Soler - very fast efficient home service. As long as your car insurance covers windscreen repair due to accident, they check the policy and will get their fee direct from your insurance company - i.e. you pay them nothing.
Try calling them on 0468513535 if that's still valid, and if not, use the 08 number on the above site!

Doubt if they speak English - so if necessary better to get a French friend to give the explanations on the phone so they know in advance the car details to bring the correct new winscreen glass and at the same time give details of your insurance..
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

My wife didn't get much joy with Carglass. She had to get the window removed and replaced it twice, since it was leaking.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Never needed to use then in France (touch wood !),but I've always found Autoglass in UK excellent.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Winscreen

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Thanks guys. All your info was a huge help. In the background whilst I was was panicking Mike was on to the Insurance. The car was collected just after 9pm and taken to Hospitalet and we should hear today if it's ready.
Thanks again to all who replied you made me feel a lot better
Mountain Mama