Excel

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

collioure_bee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Excel

Post by collioure_bee »

I have asked this question everywhere and can't get an answer. Hopefully someone on here may be able to help.

A complete computer idiot here and I am in need of some real baby talk help.

I have been keeping my accounts on microsoft excel 2003 for over a year now, the programme was on the computer when bought two years ago.

Now all of a sudden it is asking for a 25 number product code. I don't and never have had this and haven't got a clue what it is talking about. I have tried belarc or whatever it is called and after cut and pasting the number in excel tells me it is the wrong one.

The message says I now only have nine more times to open before I must put the key in.

Anyone able to give me step by step idiot guide round this? Would be much appreciated, thanks.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Blind leading the blind here.
I too have excel but don't use it.
When I open excel the word comes up at the top of my screen.
i can click onto that and i get a menu (choice of things to choose)
One of them says "about excel".
When I click onto that, it says "this product is licensed to" and my name
and then "product ID " followed by loads of numbers - not quite 25 though.

this might help ........or not.

if it's any consolation, i haven't a clue what belarc is!
Serge

Post by Serge »

CB,
If you bought Microsoft Office 2003 properly then you will have the product code (usually on the sleeve of the CD - 5 sets of 5 number/digit combinations), if it is a pirate copy then you would be advised to go out and buy a proper copy - I think it is only £50 - 60, or download 'Open Office' which is free and operates in much the same way as MS Excel, you could copy and paste your existing Excel docs into it.
collioure_bee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by collioure_bee »

Cheers serge, it was a proper legit copy (one of the few that I've ever had and it goes wrong lol). It came with the computer but I can't find any numbers anywhere with any of the gumpf I have (I keep every little bit of paper that comes with everything in the original box - used to drive mrs bats lol).

I will just download that programme you mention. Does it do the sums for you? If so do you know the formula?

Off to search for open office now.
Serge

Post by Serge »

Yes, it's just the same as MS Excel really.
collioure_bee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by collioure_bee »

Cheers, have downloaded it, free. One site insisted you pay a membership to download it. Glad I searched a bit further!