restaurants at Argeles port

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

restaurants at Argeles port

Post by mand »

Does anyone know of any good restaurants on the port that are not too expensive,

We have been asked to recommend a few eateries for a family of 5 on a 2 weeks holiday (hence not wanting it to be too expensive paying to feed 5 at reataurants everyday for 2 weeks soon adds up),

even though we have a house is in Argeles we haven't eaten at the port in ages.

plus we are in the UK at the moment so can't enquire locally.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Blimey Mand,where does one begin?

Due to the nature of the place/clientele,prices pretty much everywhere are competitive. There are literally dozens of places. You will eat OK,but never spectacularly virtually anywhere,and need pay no more than 15€ a head if you are on a budget.

Las Papallonas, run by Frank, became a firm favourite of A-D members last summer,but whilst he still owns it he's moved off to start a new place in Perpignan,so reports on the new chef are to be awaited. We visited the Abalounge (near the far end...all orange decor,sofas and Buddha statues;you can't miss it) a few weeks ago and felt the all-inclusive menu for 15€ was especially good value. There are loads of Pizza and Crepe Breton places if that's your interest,and several of the fish places at the bridge end are excellently priced for seafood.
mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mand »

thats what worries me too there are a lot there but from what i recall some were very poor but from vague memory i used to quite like bleu marine haven't been there though in about 5 years, i can remember the last time i was in Argeles someone else said about abalounge,that's quite new isn't it.
don't think they are very much into the crepes though, but thanks. they want to sample typical french cuisine.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Mand
At Blue Marine, they changed the ownership but I had a decent meal there about two months back.

The port can provide a whole bunch of Moule~pomme frites dishes for a decent price. I love this, if the weather is good. Take your choice for the restaurants with this treat.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.