Fawlty Towers Restaurant ?

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Fawlty Towers Restaurant ?

Post by john »

Well not exactly,but that was my first thought when I chanced upon the Reina Sybilla (Queen Sybil) Restaurant in Fortià,which is just off the main Figueras-Roses dual carriageway.

A small family run concern it is modernly decorated ,but in traditional Spanish style (all low curved ceilings etc). The carta/menu is extremely varied,in what I'd call the medium price bracket. There is a 16€ menu del dia,which we plumped for;3 courses,plus bread wine and water. The day we went had 3 starters on offer: seafood salad,salmon and dill ravioli or escalivade with serrano. Mains were fish in a citrus sauce,Magret with fig and plum sauce or stuffed lamb with apricots. Choice of sweets ,cheese or fresh fruit rounded things off. For two people this included a bottle of more than acceptable Perelada house wine.

As it was a warm still evening we were able to sit out on the very pleasant comfortable terrace,but in winter the inside would look very welcoming. The nice thing is that Fortià is not really on the tourist or campsite beat,so it was far from overcrowded even in late July;

http://www.reinasibil-la.com/home.html

Closed Weds evenings.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

I love the website.
I also love the look of the place and the menu.
It's on the to do list!
Thanks, John.