Ca La Maria - Mollet de Perelada

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Ca La Maria - Mollet de Perelada

Post by thumbelina »

I can't believe I haven't written a review of this restaurant - one of our faves the other side of the border.

Easy to get to, easy to park - large car park just outside the village and about 100m walk to the restaurant - fabulous building (inside!!!), large menu and great food!

We went here again yesterday.

Two glasses of rosé cava, a beer and a Ricard accompanied the olives and crisps of the apero.

The starters we chose were morue salad, anchovies, Jabugo Iberica ham and a plate of Catalan charcuterie - the last three being accompanied by a never ending stream of freshly made pain tomate.

Main courses of grilled rabbit with aioli for two of us, grilled fillet of pork and calamars a la plancha followed. (Don't expect much in the way of accompaniment, mind!!! My fillet of pork had half of a potato, half of a tomato and a griddled green pepper!!)

All washed down with sparkling water and two bottles of a lovely local white.

The desserts we went for were the typical creme catalan, two mel i mato and a type of cheesecake. The pourrou of grenache was put onto the table for us to serve ourselves as we wanted.

A carajilio Baileys and a carajilio anis, a large white coffee and an espresso and our bill came to 160€.

The staff are charming and multilingual and the atmosphere is always buzzing.

In the summer, it is also possible to incorporate a visit to the Castle and the Cooperative in the next door village of Peralada - sadly in the winter they are closed on a Sunday.

It's not fancy. It's not posh - it's just good hearty, home cooked food. Highly recommended.

http://www.restaurantcalamaria.net/index.html
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Ca La Maria - Mollet de Perelada

Post by john »

thumbelina wrote:IMain courses of grilled rabbit with aioli for two of us,
I had to read this report again,Thumbers,bearing in mind the "two of us", reference above, as to the gargantuan feast (not to mention the gargantuan quantities of alcohol !) that you shifted at this place.

But upon re-reading I now rather assume that there were more than just the two of you in attendance?

Or ,at least,I hope there were.........
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

ha ha!

Cracking English there! lol

Yes John, healthy as my appetite is, even myself and Mr Thumbers would have struggled to pack that little lot away! lol

We were four. :D