La Carbassa Boja, Millas

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

La Carbassa Boja, Millas

Post by russell »

We visited this unprepossesing looking restaurant for the first time last week. It was opened last summer by a friendly young couple who offer a menu created from seasonal "Produits du Terroir" and "Produits bio".

It is small; perhaps 16 or 18 covers indoors, but with a covered terrace in the garden of perhaps twice that size.

The lunchtime menu is good value at 14 euro for three courses or 11.50 for two with a choice of three main courses.

I chose the fricassee of sanglier while Pat had the Filet of duck with honey and pine nuts. Both came with a good selection of vegetables including potato coarsely mashed (as opposed to the usual pureed ) with garlic and parsely, sweet potatoe, glazed turnip, and quince puree. Both dishes were excellent. For dessert we both had a pear tarte which was a bit like a Bakewell tart with pear halves added and came in enormous portions.

With wine (also bio), tea and coffee the bill came to 34 euro which I thought was very good value.

Their website with contact numbers and directions is here: http://lacarbassaboja.pagesperso-orange ... index.html

Russell.
ryanm63
Rank 2
Rank 2

How did I miss that?

Post by ryanm63 »

Thanks Russell... we have a house in Millas and were across just last month for a few weeks... we had no idea this place existed. We are desperate for some evening options for Restaurants and this sound just up our street (and literally, it is just up our street!!). The only evening option we have at the moment is the Restaurant across the railway line in Millas (El Casot), so this is some welcome news, thank you!
Regards

Malcolm
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Al Casot is our nearest restaurant. We have been there on and off for seven years. Not bad but my main complaint is that the menu hardly ever changes..

For lunchtimes there is also the Bar des Platanes. Simple catalan style food. About 11 euro for three courses. Always popular with the locals.

Russell.
ryanm63
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ryanm63 »

Thanks Russell..... know the other places (including the restaurant (Cassa Millas)on the junction near the church... but this one was news to us. The small Pizza place that just does take-aways, next to the bar (and cooks on wood ovens), we find good. Thanks for the info.
Regards

Malcolm
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

where is this resto? I thought i knew millas inside out, but can honestly say I am stumped.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

opas wrote:where is this resto? I thought i knew millas inside out, but can honestly say I am stumped.
Opposite the car park next to the ecole maternale on av. Jean Jaures.

Russell.