Double Cream Converted To The French Version

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Double Cream Converted To The French Version

Post by blackduff »

I have a new recipe for Lemon Posset ( I thought that a posset was a small river animal) from a forum in the UK. I need to provide 500 ml of Double Cream but I am not certain what to buy. Since everybody deals with Double Creams, can you pass this urgent knowledge.

If anybody wants the information, I can post the recipe. It's said to be Super Simple and Super Gorgeous.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I'm passing this recipe, which came from the Motley Fool. UK.

Author: LittleWebWizard Number: of 54998
Subject: I have loons! Date: 14/05/2012 08:47
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!

Recommendations: 8
Yay!

According to the Fool this is my most frequented board. Go figure! Perhaps if I'd frequented the investing boards more often I'd be a millionaire by now - instead of still in the same job and hating it. <sigh>

Anyway, in celebration of my 12 years (!) on the Fool, here is a random recipe for Lemon Posset. Super simple and super gorgeous:

Ingredients

500 ml double cream
150 g caster sugar
75 ml lemon juice

Method

Put the cream and caster sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.

Reduce the heat so that the mixture doesn't boil over, and let it bubble enthusiastically for about 3 minutes, stirring regularly.

Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and leave to settle. Pour into four small wine glasses or cups and leave to cool. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.

LWW

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.