Le Petit Fournil

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Le Petit Fournil

Post by Sue »

If you are missing English bread then you will like the uncut loaf our little seasonal baker has just started to produce. It is an uncut tin loaf, not as big as in UK but absolutely delicious. I love french bread but sometimes yearn for a loaf with not so much crust. The baker cooks all his bread in a traditional french oven and makes an assorted range of french bread and his wife makes various cakes, croissants and pizza. Each day of opening the cakes and piza differ. The bread is sold by weight. It is only a small husband and wife bakery which is attached to their home. It is called Le Petit Fournil and is situate on Chemin de la Gabarre (off Chemin de Negebous) Argeles. Another route is take the Taxo road and turn right at Camping L'EtoileD'Or follow the road around the side of the camping until the site ends and you cant miss the bakery on your left. They only open Saturday and Sunday in June and Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday in July and August between the hours of 8 15am and 12 45pm. Orders can be given.

I have no connection to the bakery except I use it myself , they are lovely people and relatively near neighbours.
Dylan