Pottery Painting...

Fetes & Festivities in the Pyrénées-Orientales/What's on and where..

Moderator: Moderators

Phipplebert

Pottery Painting...

Post by Phipplebert »

Yesterday I went off to a ladies evening in Ceret for pottery painting with Sophie at Motherhen. It was a fab activity and not as expensive as I thought it may be! I did one in the UK a few years ago when my son was about 18 months and he made the obligatory hand prints on a plate for grandparents. This time, however, it was a group of ladies and a couple of bottles of wine and a fab evening it was too.
They cater for different ages; ladies evenings, family groups, kids of all ages from those who are tiny and do hand prints to parties for 10 year olds etc.
They have a kiln on site and glaze the items and then you collect them...I am looking forward to seeing mine all finished (an elephant piggy bank for my son). They had quite a variety of pottery; one lady who was very artistic (far more than I!) painted rabbits onto a plate and others did soap dispensors and the classic mugs.
Lots of English speakers there for those who have language trouble but as I understand it they get French speakers too :)
It's worth a look for something to do as a family, especially on a rainy or windy day.
I'm back off for fathers day to make something with my son again soon.

P.S. I'm not sure if I should put this here or in services/trades so if it's in the wrong place please do move it! :)
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Sounds great Celine. Let us know when they have another ladies eve. I'd love to have a go at that. I don't have an artistic bone in my body but I'm a tryer!! :oops: :lol:
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Haha, I went for the easier route and painted the elephant in once colour and used one of the tools to put spots on! You don't have to be artistic ;)
One of the girls spent ages doing these amazing swirls, I thought she was hand painting them and was in totally awe...until she told me it was another tool made from wire which you dab ink on and press down! Very clever.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Our oldest had her birthday party painting Hot chocolate mugs with her friends - Sophie came and delivered the paints and the cups and they had a great time.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Excellent, sounds good fun. It's nice to have some things to do with kids on bad weather days or for parties / special occasions :)