Vegetable Boxes

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Vegetable Boxes

Post by Sue »

For those of you who have read online the new PO Life 40 you will have seen an advert for vegetable boxes supplied by Les Paniers du Maraicher 66 at Elne. We have subscribed to this scheme and tonight picked up our box which contained:

1 very large Broccoli
Fan of carrots of mixed colours
Bunch of spring onions
Bunch of beetroot
1 Lettuce (dont know name but it is maroon in colour)
5 or 6 new potatoes of a decent size
2 kiwi fruit
250 grm cherries
Bunch of radishes
6 eggs

All very fresh produce.
Normal price is 10€ the box but because cherries were included todays price was 12.50€ We considered this to be excellent value for quality and content.
Last edited by Sue on Sat 01 Jun 2013 07:10, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I love this concept but I have to say that every time that I've signed up for this kind of scheme, the quality and usefulness of the box has gone rapidly donwhill.

So if this guy continues to deliver, I'd be up for it.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Unfortunately Santiago I dont think he delivers, you have to go collect. This is easy for me but I can appreciate not for everyone.
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I agree with Santiago, I too have used this kind of service , a few weeks down the line the disappointment sets in. Hope we are proved wrong. Though I have to say that feeding 4 adults this way would cost me a fortune and must stick to my usual method.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.