Another New Restaurant in Argeles

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Another New Restaurant in Argeles

Post by blackduff »

A new restaurant this past week and I drove past and it was full. BUT, I don't have the address, I don't have the name and I cannot give easy directions.

The owner is Frederique Perez. She used to open the Coté Piscine and her food was very tasty. Her food will be Catalan ~ I saw the avert her window said.

Generally, this restaurant is near the RR tunnel adjacent to the Gare. The place is located within a village house at the end of her street. It's easy, if you know where it's located.

I'll try to get a better address soon. It does look sympa!

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

The restaurant is located on Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau and it's on the corner of Rue du Montesquieu. Basically, it's the end of the Rue Rousseau.

I'll try and find the name ~ it's something about Dali's painting ~ but I cannot remember what she called the place. There will be a small French Bulldog at the door.

I'll go there this week. This woman is not quiet, like Martin at the Le Table du Cuisine. Frederique Talks!

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Have you noticed a tiny place almost opposite The Flowers that is offering Somali cuisine?
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I spent 3 months in Somalia. There is no such thing as Somali cuisine.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

We will be giving that a go Malcolm as when I googled Somali cuisine it sounds good and some dishes sound similar to indian food which I love. Will report back when we eventually get there.
Dylan
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

I'm fascinated. I'm pretty sure it said Somali on the window but correct me if I'm wrong.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I thought that Somalia has mostly starving people. Didn't rice and oil was flown from the UN people a few years back. I'll wait until Sue checks-out the place. Maybe something new would be fun.

Speaking of something new, has anyone tried the food at the Font in Castelnou (PO Life"). I like tomatoes so this is listed for my next going-out meal soon. This is a summer place and certainly it's summer now.

Blackduff
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

We ate at La Bartavelle in Argeles for the first last week. It's a pretty small and chic restaurant in the centre of the old town. The lunchtime fixed menu at 18€ is perhaps the best value gourmet meal I've had in the region. They will even replace ingredients for faddy customers (like my wife). Beautifully presented, perfectly cooked, lovely flavour combinations.

Disclaimer - I supply wine to them but the whole wine list is great. I don't think there is anything on it that I wouldn't recommend.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I went to the restaurant I posted. The name is "La Trendcadis" in Catalan and it means "mosaïque". Gaudi made a lot if art using Trendcadis.

The proper address is 1 rue Montesquieu in Argeles.

Telephones 0468959140 / 0608253927.

The business card says "cuisine catalane au parfum mediterraneen"

There is a formule for lunch but I cannot remember the prices. We ordered direct from a la carte. I think that there's a menu but I didn't figure how to use this menu.

Prices are not cheap. I think it's about the same prices as the previous restuarant Santiago posted ~ La Bartavelle. Same for the wines-the prices were not cheap but there were nice wines in the carte. I didn't check to see if they have wine in carafe.

My meal was good. My starter was a catalane type of dish with anchovies, ham, and a few other items-veggy tower. My main course was morue (salt cod) which pleased my taste too.

It was a nice evening ~ plenty places on the terrace although there is more places inside. We will return!

Blackduff