Le Fanal, Banyuls sur Mer

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Le Fanal, Banyuls sur Mer

Post by Kate »

Excellent lunch with dear friends at le Fanal in Banyuls sur Mer yesterday.Real quality and highly recommended for fans of gourmet food prepared with thought and passion.
http://www.anglophone-direct.com/Le-Fan ... ll-shining

Attractive restaurant with roomy tables, some in window alcoves, just across the road from the port so great views...and as with most Banyuls restaurants, a covered section across the road for the warmer weather, and literally on the port.

If you're looking for a cheap quickie, this is not the place for you, but if you love inventive cuisine, we all agreed that Le Fanal is special. There is a menu of 19 euros for 2 courses, so it is within most pockets, although we splashed out and went off menu cos we were celebrating just being able to, being together, a heathy and stress free 2014......well, anything we could clink our glasses to.... and didn't regret a mouthful.

Foie gras and truffle soup en croute, melt in the gob scallops with cailiflower purée, crayfish ravioli....loads of other stuff (can you tell why I don't do restaurant reviews? ) All completely home made, down to the cheese and cumin lollipops we were offered at the beginning and differnt types of home made bread.....the corn bread - woah!

Service was excellent too - tho to be fair, it wasn't busy on this quiet Sat lunchtime.

I'm not a foody. I'm happy with a decent steak or a moules frites....but I just enjoyed this as a whole experience - definitely to be repeated. Oh, and with a free bottle of a very delicious Collioure red, for POLife customers, the drinks worked out very reasonable.