Carte Vitale and acceptance back into the System

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Carte Vitale and acceptance back into the System

Post by Sue »

The following post and relies have been copied from P O Life Facebook page as it is felt it may be of interest to others.

Question ...has the Uk already left the EU.
On moving to France 12 years ago were registered with CPAM for our health care we started to pick up work so registered as a Microentreprise which we ran for 7 years paying all our social charges taxes etc before closing it down at the end of 2013 as we both had work pensions from Uk we were now eligible to take (taxed at source in UK) and decided to actually retire before state pension age - in France and in UK. We initially got 1 years healthcover via RSI after closing the business. We recently got a letter from RSI telling us to go to CPAM to get our health cover on contacting CPAM were told only way we would now get cover from them was to produce and S1 form issued by DWP Newcastle, contacted DWP and as we have been living in France for last 12 years and have been working there and are under UK state Pension age are not entitled to an S1 (rules changed July2014) if we are to believe what we have been told by both UK & French social systems unless you are either State Pension age or are prepared to work in France until their state pension age it would appear that you won't get medical cover from either UK or France no matter how much you have contributed to either system.
If anyone knows anything different can you let us know.
Like · · Share
Rosalind Giddings likes this.

Andrew Prosser We are in the process of getting on the system, we were on an s1 which expires in january , you are entitled as an early retiree to go onto the system , if you have been french resident for 5 yrs , that is french tax resident , you have to fill specifi...See More
37 mins · Like

Andrew Prosser The fact that France imposes a 5 year residency requirement on early retirees for access to the health system, far in excess of the maximum duration of an S1, also clearly demonstrates that one is not the sine quo non of the other.

Despite the 5 year ...See More
34 mins · Like · 2

Graham Moore Thanks Andrew Prosser can you let us know what paperwork they send you as we are not getting that info here service where we live is limited
33 mins · Like

Andrew Prosser The people at your local cpam wont have a clue as its all dealt with by the office in NImes ,,, will let you know what you need to fill out
31 mins · Like

Sue Faulkner Thanks Andrew that was very informative and I hope it will be helpful to many.
22 mins · Like

Graham Moore Agree if not registered or not working Don't have the right to expect social cover but we were initially with CPAM then were transferred into orosante through running the business now can't get CPAM to take us back but people working but not registered are still getting cover - does honesty pay?
22 mins · Like

Graham Moore Thank Andrew that would be great somehow thought there had to be more to it just mention my name in the post so I make sure I pick it up as think this might go on and on and I might miss it
19 mins · Like

Andrew Prosser The 5 year residence rule is one that is contested by the European Commission who state that if a person is ‘habitually resident’ they should have an entitlement to join the State system.

Nevertheless, France is continuing to apply a 5 year residence ...See More
18 mins · Like

Andrew Prosser As you can see its a minefield , the form you need is online ,, print it off , go to cpam , with all your paperwork and read up on your rights and then as we have done tell cpam what they have to do ,... Once the paperwork gets to Nimes younshould be ok
15 mins · Like

Andrew Prosser France doesnt make it easy for people ,,, but the form is easy to fill out.. Once you find it ,,,, Details of it are above
13 mins · Like

Sue Faulkner We slipped into the system when Sarkozy changed the ball park. Think we made it by about a month. CPAM hadn't a clue about the change in ruling so we printed it out and took it with us along with all our paperwork. They kept saying we were wrong but kept showing them the ruling and after a couple of months we were in and got our C V's.
9 mins · Like

Susan Wager Sue, could you or Kate pop this info onto website please.
7 mins · Like

Graham Moore Thanks again for that, will go to Perpignan CPAM tomorrow armed &ready and see what transpires
6 mins · Like

Sue Faulkner Andrew and Graham have you any objections to me copying and pasting this post onto the P O Life website?
4 mins · Like

Graham Moore Sue we have had a CV for 12 years but the problem is getting CPAM to take us back as we had to move to Orasante when we started the business
3 mins · Like

Andrew Prosser Not at all
2 mins · Like

Graham Moore Sue I've no objections to this being posted Will post CPAM response once we have spoken to them the more people know about it the better
1 min · Like

Sue Faulkner Can't believe if you have one they won't honour it now. Have you any objection to the website
1 min · Like
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Graham Moore Sue not at all to the website
10 hrs · Like

Andrew Prosser We have a local friend also an early retiree , who managed to register as auto entrepreneur and so has got onto the system that way , but they seem to be tightening up on this easy way of getting on to the system
10 hrs · Like

Andrew Prosser From what we have found out ,,,, in a nutshell what Sarkozy brought in in 2007 , is discriminatory against other eu people , the european court have ruled that france is breaking the rules ,,, but they are moving very slowly to rectify the issue , so a...See More
10 hrs · Like · 1

Graham Moore We were already a micro enterprise before we retired and paid over 22,000 euros into the FRENCH system so not going out without a fight
10 hrs · Like · 1

Patricia Orton that's about it Graham, we've been paying full price until very recently when we became eligible for state pension, and being a woman, they moved the goalposts just as we were moving here, I had expected to just go 18 month paying full price for all medical bills, but in the end it was 4 years. You could apple-pick for 6 weeks a year, that's what a lot of people do. xxx
8 hrs · Like · 1

Graham Moore Thanks for that might be going down that road
8 hrs · Like · 1

Adrian Milne Have a look at
http://www.languedoc-roussillon.eu.com/healthcare in france.html
8 hrs · Like

Susan Wager I cannot access this link Adrian , know why?
8 hrs · Like

Pearson Brown There are spaces in it
7 hrs · Like

Adrian Milne Go to www.languedoc.eu.com, click on Advice, and then Healthcare in France
7 hrs · Like

Graham Moore Didn't expect such a response on my initial question but really great and thanks for all comments will post reply from CPAM HQ tomorrow. Don't hold your breath
6 hrs · Edited · Like

Susan Wager Do you actually think you will get a reply today?
Dylan