Orange 4G L'Airbox

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Orange 4G L'Airbox

Post by Davidsimon »

Does anybody have one? Can you make VOIP calls through it?
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Orange 4G L'Airbox

Post by Allan »

Davidsimon wrote:Does anybody have one? Can you make VOIP calls through it?
This is sold through their Pro boutique so I doubt that many private users will have one. It looks to be a top end Domino that is fairly expensive.

If you want to make Voip calls through it you would need to subscribe to a Voip service such as Skype.

If Free offer 4G where you want to use it then you might consider their offering which is substantially cheaper. €19.99 gives you 20gb of 4G per month plus inclusive phone calls.

I use the personal hotspot feature of an iPhone when out and about and my family just connect to it via Wi-Fi, much like you would do with a domino.

The downside is that Free's customer support seems virtually non-existent.
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

Thanks Allan,we have a livebox pro at the moment but max we can get is 500kb,so 4g is looking like the only way forwards.The livebox lets you plug in a standard phone and make free landline calls,so I thought there may have been an option to plug a usb phone into my laptop? Orange now list the L'Air in their current publicity under Let's go 8GO @27.99 for the 8gb and 9.90 for the box if you sign up for 12 months which allows 10 connections and it's not a Pro package.