Gardening

Gardening/Walking/Nature trails & wildlife. Share your experiences here...

Moderator: Moderators

Lilly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Gardening

Post by Lilly »

:oops: I'm embarrassed to say that I really do need help with my garden...
The list of jobs is endless unfortunately, so I'm looking for someone (english speaking if possible) to take up chainsaw and spade to return our wilderness to some kind of order. This is likely to be an ongoing project due to age and health issues.

There are trees and tree stumps that need to be removed before we can develop a plan of action and the pond really needs to be filled in...

We live in Argeles, can anyone help or suggest someone who can help.......
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Try ESAT Micolouliers, Sorede.

http://www.apajh-sorede.fr/

They will come and give you an estimate and discuss with you. Then a team of hard-working young adults with learning difficulties will come and do the jobs, under the supervision of an expert.

When you get the bill, keep it, as you can declare it to the impots for a tax-credit.

I'm pretty sure they have an English speaker if required
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

They do indeed have an English speaker Sue, a lovely lad, also with learning difficulties but it hasn't stopped him speaking French and English fluently. (Having said that, I now realise that its ages since I was last there - he's probably married with children and grandchildren now!! :oops: )
http://www.anglophone-direct.com/Sorede ... -whip,4820?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Dylan
CPB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPB »

I can highly recommend Paul Jenkins.
He's done various works at mine and I've been very pleased with it. He's on the books / legit, doesn't cost the earth and most importantly he's reliable!
This is his number : 06 51 85 28 54 :) if you have trouble getting hold of him I'll dig out an email address for you.
Lilly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Gardening

Post by Lilly »

Thank you for your replies to my plea for help, I will certainly be following up the information.....

Whilst I think of it....

Does anyone know of a chap called Serge, he is from Sorede, I met him last year whilst involved in a language project. He is a gardener, he gave me his phone number but I have lost it and I never knew his surname so unable to look him up in the phone book :(