Building costs

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Building costs

Post by Allan »

In another thread, Martyn94 commented that 'wet trades' are relatively inexpensive here. I am not sure what 'wet trades' are but I am thinking of erecting a storage unit to hold garden machinery, my trailer and garden furniture over winter. Something around 50 sq metres.

I have been looking at prefabricated metal buildings but I would be interested in the relative cost of getting one built from scratch. Building blocks are very cheap but I have no idea what it costs to have them turned into walls.

Any help of advice would be appreciated
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

I don't think you would get much change from 20k
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I don't claim to know that they are particularly cheap here, merely that you get more obvious results for your money - anywhere - than from eg plumbing, wiring, tiling, new windows and joinery. In passing, you have evidently worked out pretty well what wet trades are: the ones you use a concrete mixer for, roughly.

That is clearly an advantage if you want a shed which will not need much of that sort of finishing. Interiors66 clearly speaks from a degree of experience: if he's right, €400 a sq m seems pretty reasonable to me. But it depends how far a tin shed would jump to the eye, and how much you care.