Collioure Boat Trip Etc.

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

logomage
Rank 1
Rank 1

Collioure Boat Trip Etc.

Post by logomage »

When we're on holiday in Collioure for a week shortly, we'd love to take a sailing cruise out for an hour or so.

Any suggestions as to the best way of doing this please?

Thanks!

Philip
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

http://anglophone-direct.com/ap_img/mag ... Life48.pdf
If you download last summers P-O Life, there is a write up on p34 & 35 about one of the boat trips. Enjoy. 8)
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Kate wrote:http://anglophone-direct.com/ap_img/mag ... Life48.pdf
If you download last summers P-O Life, there is a write up on p34 & 35 about one of the boat trips. Enjoy. 8)
I have seen this boat many times (and there are others) but never seen any of them under sail. Perhaps they put the sails down before arriving, and put them up after leaving. If you do literally want to travel under sail, I would check: their outings are not given away. If you want to sail something yourself, that's a whole other question: I recall hiring a dinghy here thirty years ago, but don't recall seeing anything since though I can't claim to have searched hard.The tiller fell off in my case, which may explain my diminished enthusiasm going forward, but also show why renting out dinghies is a chancy business. Port Argelès might be your best bet, but others here will know far better than I.
logomage
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by logomage »

Kate wrote:http://anglophone-direct.com/ap_img/mag ... Life48.pdf
That sounds lovely, Kate! ..... unfortunately, they don't have any of those cruises running the week we are in Collioure from 17-24 Sept.

Philip
logomage
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by logomage »

martyn94 wrote: I have seen this boat many times (and there are others) but never seen any of them under sail. Perhaps they put the sails down before arriving, and put them up after leaving. If you do literally want to travel under sail, I would check: their outings are not given away. If you want to sail something yourself, that's a whole other question: I recall hiring a dinghy here thirty years ago, but don't recall seeing anything since though I can't claim to have searched hard.The tiller fell off in my case, which may explain my diminished enthusiasm going forward, but also show why renting out dinghies is a chancy business. Port Argelès might be your best bet, but others here will know far better than I.
Thanks, Martyn - we did a cruise a while back from Es Castell in Menorca and it was brilliant - can't remember whether it was under sail or not but it was very civilised and relaxing.

Anyway, I wouldn't trust myself in charge of a sailing craft - we did once, but it was with some friends a long time ago on the Norfolk Broads, where you can't really get lost and there's no swell!

Philip
Richard Handley

Post by Richard Handley »

There is a big red and white catamaran that I have seen come into Collioure under sail a few times last month. We just got back to Collioure last night so do not know if it is still operating, but they do have a kiosk on Colliioure end of the harbour front in Port Vendres.
logomage
Rank 1
Rank 1

Collioure Boat Trip

Post by logomage »

Richard Handley wrote:There is a big red and white catamaran that I have seen come into Collioure under sail a few times last month. We just got back to Collioure last night so do not know if it is still operating, but they do have a kiosk on Colliioure end of the harbour front in Port Vendres.
Thank you Richard ..... Collioure tomorrow yay!

Philip
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Have a lovely week.