Easyjet

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

alan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Easyjet

Post by alan » Mon 15 Jun 2020 19:20

EasyJet, which has relaunched flights for the first time in 11 weeks, has now added an explanation of what ‘sold out’ actually means when customers search for a flight online. The airline has also extended the notification period of cancelled flights from two weeks to three. If a flight is cancelled passengers will now have seven days to decide whether to take a refund, a voucher or transfer to another flight. See https://inews.co.uk/news/business/coron ... ned-446237

alan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Easyjet

Post by alan » Sat 20 Jun 2020 19:09

Following my post last Monday, we are now directly affected by this Easyjet practice..

For some time now, we have had Easyjet tickets for a flight on 1 September departing Gatwick at 18.40 arriving Toulouse at 21.30. We haven't been notified of any cancellation or amendment but I have just done a search and the flight is shown as 'sold out'. It is, of course, inconceivable that all seats on the flight have been sold so it looks very likely that it will be cancelled probably at the beginning of August.

Incidentally, we are still waiting for a voucher in respect of a cancelled Easyjet flight Gatwick/ Toulouse which we should have been on, on 27 April. The voucher was requested on 19 April. I can understand the reason for delaying a refund but not a voucher.

nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nickiwynne » Sat 20 Jun 2020 20:55

How frustrating, Alan. We sympathise.
We are still waiting for refunds from Ryanair for flights in April to Toulouse.
We requested the refund option but that took us immediately to a voucher request form......
We have always tried to be positive and supportive of Ryanair - after all, they have really opened up our travelling options to PO66 in the last 16 years.
But just wish they had been transparent and honest from day 1 about the returns/ refunds process.
The reason we don’t want vouchers is that we simply don’t know which routes will be viable for the ( limited) dates when we want to travel next.......
Good luck with EasyJet.
Nicki

alan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by alan » Sun 21 Jun 2020 12:21

Thanks Nicki

We have been flying in and out of the Region frequently since 2004 and have also tried to be positive and supportive of both Ryanair and Easyjet over the years. Without them we would have had much less choice and much more expense. This has been a difficult year for everyone with strikes at the beginning of the year and then Coronavirus. Let's hope things start to get a little more settled so that it is easier for everyone to make plans.

As regards, our Easyjet flights from Gatwick to Toulouse on 1 September, we are able to change them on-line to flights on the same day from Gatwick to Montpellier at no extra cost even though the Toulouse flight has not actually been cancelled yet. This wouldn't really inconvenience us as our end destination is still Port Vendres and it does'nt matter much whether we have a stop-over in Toulouse or Montpellier.. At present though, we are tempted just to sit things out and see how things develop generally.

Good luck too with Ryanair.

Alan

alan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by alan » Mon 22 Jun 2020 17:28

Having slept on it, we have decided to change our flight from Gatwick / Toulouse on 1 September to Gatwick / Montpellier on the same date at no charge

Still waiting for the voucher in respect of our cancelled April flight!

alan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by alan » Tue 23 Jun 2020 19:57

I have just received by email the Easyjet voucher I requested on 19 April. There is good news and bad news. The good news is that they have added £10 to the original booking value for supporting them by accepting a voucher rather than demanding a refund. The bad news is that it can't be used online so I shall have to call their Customer Service Team to make use of it. I wonder how long I shall have to wait for them to answer the phone and speak to someone!

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas » Wed 24 Jun 2020 06:48

We have a voucher for aireuropa, that apparently cannot be used online either. We tried the booking lines last week ...one for French speakers and one for English, total waiting time befor giving up was just under an hour.

All that money sat in company accounts.!
-----------------------------------------------
www.Debeneur.com
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.

alan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by alan » Wed 24 Jun 2020 10:51

I'm confused; the email I received yesterday from Easyjet clearly said,

“As it cannot be used online, please call our Customer Service Team to make use of your voucher. Please have the Flight Voucher reference and code word when calling us”.

Yet having just looked at the Voucher Terms and Conditions on their website it says:

“The voucher can only be used on easyJet.com using the same easyJet account as the original booking...The voucher code must be entered on the payment page prior to completion of the booking...”
and later
“Vouchers cannot be redeemed via the call centre or at the airport”.

Does anyone have any experience please of using Easyjet vouchers?

nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nickiwynne » Wed 24 Jun 2020 21:55

Hello,

Just had an email this evening telling us that Eurostar will not be running to the south of France in 2020 or even 2021!

‘We’re really sorry to tell you that we’ll no longer be running our direct summer trains to Lyon and the South of France for the rest of 2020 and 2021’........

We’ve been offered a voucher (of course) but that’s not much use to us if the trains to Avignon aren’t running next year.

Interestingly, the update on the website doesn’t mention that there will be no trains next summer to the south of France.

No clue as to why the route seems effectively to have been axed......Not viable I guess.

We’ve now got to fight to get a refund and think about alternatives for July. Probably driving......assuming small issues of quarantine etc are removed, of course.

Will keep you posted.

Nicki

alan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by alan » Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:31

Nicki

The BBC report said yesterday, that it was due to lack of demand and difficulties implementing protection measures on long journeys.

Eurostar said: "As we restart our service, we are focusing our timetable on our routes between capital cities, which have the highest demand from customers at the moment and shorter journey times."

The company said its services were operating with restrictions on food service, the compulsory wearing of masks, significantly increased hygiene measures and high-frequency cleaning and these standards were "more challenging to maintain on long distance routes".

Alan

nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nickiwynne » Thu 25 Jun 2020 16:04

Thank you, Alan.

We had guessed that. But seems strange to decide for next year already.....

We don’t want a voucher so have submitted a request for a refund-We found a well disguised link via faq page and are waiting to see if we are eligible.

We will update you!

Nicki

alan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by alan » Sun 28 Jun 2020 15:23

I have just tried using, on-line, the Easyjet voucher I received for the flight they cancelled.

First, I tried to use it to add seats to an existing booking in September but there was no facility for using vouchers. I then tried using it to make a completely new booking next year. In this case there was provision to use a “voucher” but it must relate to another kind of voucher because the site would not accept either the reference or code Easyjet gave me.

So as looks as if it can only be used by calling customer services.