reduce, reuse, recycle

Something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? Voilà!
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

reduce, reuse, recycle

Post by Owens88 »

I know that this has been covered before but things do change and I am full of hope. Here goes.

Are there charities in the area that do house clearances, or furniture clearances ?

I was, temporarily, a network manager for a consortium of three charities in my county, in the UK. Each collected from householders proactively contacting us, and also a 'donate' stream at the 'tips'. It worked well. We were able to supply complete 'starter' kits for people in need by virtue of councils ordering us by referral from frontline charities. we also sold stuff direct to the public.

Other than Emmaus in Perpignan is there anything remotely similar in the tet valley ? We are in Vernet les Bains and I had expected Prades to have something, but i cannot find it.
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: reduce, reuse, recycle

Post by opas »

There are s couple of places in prades, opposite Lidl. Furniture,books and clothing.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Florence »

There are Croix Rouge and Secours Catholic, both have agencies in Prades. I´ve taken clothes to them. Thay also take household goods.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Thanks to both of you.
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands