WANTED: French registered small car

Buy it, sell it, exchange it, or give it away..... (private transactions only please!).

Moderator: Moderators

liz.hurst
Rank 0
Rank 0

WANTED: French registered small car

Post by liz.hurst » Tue 01 Sep 2020 17:24

Hi there,
My UK-registered car has just failed its CT and I've been told by 2 garages that there's too much damage to be worth repairing.
So, I'm after a car. I do very little mileage (less than 10,000km per year) as I work from home, and I live alone so just something small would be perfect.
Budget: maximum €1,000, can pay cash or cheque.
Merci à toutes et tous!
Best wishes,
Liz Hurst
Freelance Editor & Proofreader, Novelist
Visit my online home at: https://elizabethhurstauthor.com/

TeamChurchill
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: WANTED: French registered small car

Post by TeamChurchill » Sat 12 Sep 2020 10:29

Hi Liz, did you get sorted with a French registered car? I would have replied sooner but didn't realise I wasn't already registered on the Forum, we have been avid CG66 readers for years.

We are selling up in Marquixanes after 18 wonderful years here and have a right hand drive but French registered 2 door Toyota RAV (4 wheel drive and a beautiful classic blue) for sale for 1000 euros. We have just spent 800 euros on it so the timing is poor for us but it now has a 2 yr CT, a new battery and some small repairs, complete with towbar and cycling rack, winter tyres, French headlights of course etc, 2 sun roofs. We will very be sorry to see it go, it has been a solid performer.
We are still in England but arrive in France next Thursday if you are still looking and are interested , let us know.
Sue Churchill

liz.hurst
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by liz.hurst » Sat 12 Sep 2020 13:20

Hi Sue,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I am still looking, yes, and I’m very interested.
Do you have any photos you could send?
And do you have a spec list at all? - so I can get info on economy, engine size, chassis, etc. Don’t worry if not.
Next week is fine for me. Marquixanes is about 90minutes drive away and I’m flexible with days as I’m self-employed.
Many thanks!
Liz
Best wishes,
Liz Hurst

TeamChurchill
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TeamChurchill » Sat 12 Sep 2020 22:12

Hi Liz
the car is a 2 L petrol, model name RAV4 2.0 GX, engine no 351963884. It was first registered in the UK 30 Oct 1995 so it is almost vintage now 25 yrs old (N reg in UK terms), good body work, a couple of small rust patches but nothing serious,it has been officially exported to France and we had French headlights fitted straightaway. On a decent run, e.g. Prades to Perpignan , it does 30mpg comfortably. It has been a fantastic little car over the years and having spent the money on its repairs that we did, we were expecting to be running it for a lot longer! However we have unexpectedly sold our property in Marquixanes and must sell the RAV by Sep 26th before we pay out for the next annual insurance premium and leave the country, having packed up the house for the last time.. I should say that there are 2 others interested because I also posted it on the Forum this morning as well but in fairness to you, I have told them that you have first viewing if you want it so we would appreciate you being able to come over to view soon after we arrive to give us a good chance of selling it within our deadline. Our mechanic is also asking around amongst his English speaking customers.
Attachments
RAV with bikesRS.jpg
RAV with bikesRS.jpg (223.26 KiB) Viewed 174 times
RAV side view_DSC0025 RS.jpg
RAV side view_DSC0025 RS.jpg (440.88 KiB) Viewed 174 times
RAV front 6451RS.jpg
RAV front 6451RS.jpg (441.89 KiB) Viewed 174 times

liz.hurst
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by liz.hurst » Sun 13 Sep 2020 07:02

Hi there,
Thank you for the info. I have just a couple of questions further: firstly is what mileage does it have?
Second, I have elderly parents who visit me about once a year (usually!), so I have a minor concern about how much they'll have to fold themselves to get into the back seat. I'm not so bothered really, as it's only once a year, so in terms of airport pickups and small runs around the vicinity, I could always borrow someone else's car for a few days.
I don't know what plans you have when you arrive in France, but I can come and see you on Friday if you wish?
If all is well, I can work out how to get to you to collect it Saturday, perhaps?
My phone number is +447769971337 if that's easier to get in touch.
Oh, one final thing: I presume you have the carte grise? Just checking as I was chatting with someone the other day (not on here) who seemed a bit sketchy about whether or not he had one.
Many thanks,
Liz
Best wishes,
Liz Hurst

TeamChurchill
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TeamChurchill » Sun 13 Sep 2020 10:46

Hi Liz
Yes we have the Carte Gris. Mileage wise I am doing this from memory but we both think it is around 129,000m but can't remember the specifics. We only only do about 2500m pa, so attached is the SOFCA declaration from 2018 (i can't find the 2019 one) because we get a discount off our insurance for low mileage.
In terms of access to the back seats, I wouldn't say it is easy if you over 80! The seats fold forward and you can slide the front seat forward and the single door is large but you do need to be agile. Our friends are fit keen walkers in their mid seventies and they have no problem but it would be difficult for anyone less agile.
It would be great if you could view it Friday, then we could let the other two possible buyers know what is happening promptly. I am looking into the paperwork need to sell a car on in France and we would prefer cash. Could you let us know if it will be morning or afternoon as we need to go to the notaires that day too.

many thanks

Sue
Attachments
SOFCA declaration Sept2018 5935.jpg
SOFCA declaration Sept2018 5935.jpg (159.56 KiB) Viewed 150 times
Last edited by TeamChurchill on Tue 15 Sep 2020 08:55, edited 1 time in total.

liz.hurst
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by liz.hurst » Mon 14 Sep 2020 19:27

Hi Sue,
I sent a text message. Hope you received it?
Liz
Best wishes,
Liz Hurst

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate » Mon 14 Sep 2020 20:31

Hi Sue
My advice would be not to share all that personal information here on the forum which can be viewed by anybody. Telephone number, address etc can be used by dishonest people to spam you, or worse. Maybe continue this conversation by PM, and delete all private info.
Sorry to be so cynical! Hope all goes well with the sale.