Car wanted

Buy it, sell it, exchange it, or give it away..... (private transactions only please!).

Moderator: Moderators

DarlingDalia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Car wanted

Post by DarlingDalia »

With the recent success on this forum that lead to a friend of mine buying a neat little motor, I am prompted to put my own request out there as my car has become aquatinted with the word kaput.
I’m looking for a French registered car, right or left hand drive, with CT and ideally has some good miles left in it! €1000 euro budget but could stretch it a bit for the right vehicle. Thanks!
Patti
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Car wanted

Post by Patti »

I have a 1993 Peugeot 205 (silver-blue) which is registered (Immatriculee) in France (carte grise etc.) since 2003. It is right-hand drive. I cannot off-hand remember the exact mileage, but I think it is just over 100,000 miles. It has covered only a handful of miles in the past 17 years and has been continuously garaged at our house in 66400 OMS (les Aspres) during the whole of this time. It is in reasonable condition inside and out, given its age and runs well (PETROL). It passed the controle technique 4 years ago, following work on brakes, replacement of a drive-shaft. But, in the past 2 years I have let this lapse, since the car is never used by us. As far as I know it has only one mechanical fault outstanding - replacement of a rubber bush on the left-hand suspension arm which "knocks" when turning abruptly in that direction. It should not cost very much to have this replaced, according to the mechanic who last serviced the vehicle.

I have continued paying insurance on the car every year even though it is garaged and not used. Obviously, I want to discontinue this and so am eager to sell the car at a purely nominal price of 250 Euros. We hope to be in OMS again from the second week in October and would be happy to let anyone view it at that time.
DarlingDalia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Car wanted

Post by DarlingDalia »

Hi!
Thanks so much for your response. Would you kindly contact me when you’re back in Oms. I would be keen to come and take a look at your car. Will you be putting it in for a CT- so that there is a list of what is potentially wrong with it? The price is very reasonable but of course that depends on the cost of fixing any issues it may have. My email address is Dalibud@gmail.com if you send me an email I’ll respond with a contact number and we can discuss this further and arrange a visit accordingly. Thanks again. Best wishes