EHIC Renewal for UK Citizens/French Residents

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

EHIC Renewal for UK Citizens/French Residents

Post by Nigel Bright »

I'm a UK citizen, now living in France with French residency status. Now the Brexit saga and my residency status have been resolved, I am trying to renew my EHIC card. I visited the UK NHS portal, but from what I have read, as I am no longer a UK resident the country where my health care is provided should issue the new card.
I have tried to request a new EHIC through my customer space on the Ameli website but this feature seems to be permanently unavailable!
Can anyone advise if:
a.) The Ameli website is the correct portal for me to obtain the EHIC?
b.) If so, has anyone managed my obtain a new EHIC through this website?
Any help appreciated. :roll:
Brighty
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: EHIC Renewal for UK Citizens/French Residents

Post by opas »

It is normal via AMELI , but admit I have not looked recently, our cards are due in the next few months, so I will look later and reply again.

Unless someone else replies first.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

For what it's worth I became a tax resident and transferred to the French health system about 16 years ago.From memory I started with a UK issued EHIC card, this was then changed for a French one and then switched back to a UK card. My most recent renewal was in December 2020 and is a UK card valid until 2025.

Gus
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I will try to remember to look tomorrow.
At the momment my computer time is the tax forms!!
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
ShaneR
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ShaneR »

Use this link to get a new Health card, this is for UK citizens living in the EU

https://services.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/cra/start
Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Nigel Bright »

OPAS thanks for the link: https://services.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/cra/start - it worked a treat and I received confirmation within the hour. Unfortunately, they refused my wife's application, :( due to the fact that the local CPAM forgot to notify the UK Overseas Healthcare Services that she was now affiliated to the French Healthcare System.
So our next job is to chase up CPAM. :viking: Maybe a reminder to all, not to assume just because you have a Carte Vitale that all the links in the chain back to the UK have been completed. :shock:
Brighty
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I cannot take any credit for the link, it wasn't me who posted it. But let's hope it works.
Debeneur.
Nopuro
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Nopuro »

ShaneR wrote: Thu 13 May 2021 20:31 Use this link to get a new Health card, this is for UK citizens living in the EU

https://services.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/cra/start
Thank you for sharing this link, I need to get a new health card as moved to my new real estate in Cannes here and was busy with moving companies and other services that were involved in it.
Hi
ShaneR
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ShaneR »

My pleasure :D