Social Welfare Levy

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

DavidB
Rank 2
Rank 2

Social Welfare Levy

Post by DavidB »

FYI....
Interesting item in the latest IFP newsletter....in fact the whole newsletter is quite interesting........

http://www.french-property.com/newslett ... cial-levy/

DavidB
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Interestingly enough, the French portion of my retirement (9 years working in France) is levied on CRAM and CGRCR/IGIRS - which are "cadre" pensions, as is my very small AXA pension (small because the scheme was only started by Amadeus 2 years before I retired). My DSS pension is so small (about 600 euros quarterly!) -because I left the UK in 1970, never having earned great money till then - that it is not levied and the main monthly Swiss pension (24 years working there) is declared in France (no Swiss tax) but is not levied for prélèvements sociaux (as Switzerland is outside the EU - I don't rock that boat by asking any authority?). As this has been paid out now for 4 years and the French authorities take it "officially" into account for income tax calculation, it must be correct!! Also, of course, I retired at 65 (Swiss pensions are not paid out before that age - law agreed by national plebiscite after the Swiss government put the facts to the people) after having "cotisé" 47 years (which I love mentioning "Moi, j'ai cotisé 47 ans et gagné ma retraite à l'age de 65! Vous avez encore quelque chose à vous plaindre?" if/when FO and CGT strikers waylay me in the streets of Perpignan - shuts them up FAST!)