Auchan, We want our money back

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Thanks, Serge - will just keep battling on in the meantime :lol: :wink:
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Update!

We sent a recorded delivery to Acer as requested at the beginning of July. They didn't reply.

We rang them at the end of July and they said 'why didn't you send a fax we are obliged to reply by return.'

We sent them a fax. They didn't reply.

Two weeks later, my partner (French!!) rang Acer who said that when we called them at the end of July we told them we didn't want the computer repairing (quite right! We told them we wanted a replacement!).

They asked us to send another fax with all of the information;

(The warranty is due to run out on 10 September!!!)

At this point, I frankly lost it!

I rang the DGCCRF (General Directorate for Fair Trading, Consumer Affairs and Fraud Control) and ended up talking to an absolute charmer.

He told me that under law number so and so, if ANY machinery breaks down within the first six months, it is deemed to have had that fault AT THE POINT OF DELIVERY and you are legally entitled to demand a replacement, not a repair!

He also went through our options with me - ie take Auchan to court etc etc.

He then sent me all of the relevant paperwork, with all of the relevant passages highlighted, to go and do battle at Auchan.

My partner and daughter - duly armed - went off to Auchan. My partner asked to speak to the supervisor, who came straight away. On hearing all of our sorry story, he took our paperwork and made photocopies of it all, and said he would be in touch.

We didn't hear from him quickly enough for my liking, so we rang him, and he said that all of the paperwork had been sent to Auchan head office for them to do battle direct with Acer head office.

We have just received a phone call from Auchan head office to ask us to take all of the paperwork and the computer into Auchan at Perpignan. They will send it straight away to Acer, who will verify that it is actually broken down and not abuse.

Once that has been done we will be issued with a bon d'achat to buy a new computer!!!

What a sorry story - and it's not over, but maybe, just maybe the finishing line is in sight!!!!
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Bon d'achat?

But, just maybe you don't want to buy another computer from Auchan.
Maybe you'd like to buy one from a supplier who has a more userfriendly aftersales service.

But then, I suppose you could always spend the money on churros and vino if you want.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Quite! :roll:

I'm not arguing! Up until now we didn't look like we were going to get anything and that Acer would be repairing it again.

One thing's for sure, I certainly won't be buying another Acer. And at least this time I know my rights! Forewarned is forearmed!

God help them if we have another problem!! :D :D
Serge

Post by Serge »

thumbelina wrote: God help them if we have another problem!! :D :D
Well I'm worried and I am nothing to do with computers and over 1000 miles away ................ :(
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have nothing to worry about, my shed dwelling friend..........

.......................................................................... unless you upset me, of course!!! :D :wink:
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

A salutory tale,Thumbers,and another example of the level of customer care (sic ) that is commonplace in France.

I know that you have singled out Auchan,but that story could apply to pretty much any retailer/service provider here.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Absolutely, John! :?
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

I can understand you having to tread carefully until it is sorted but boy I bet you feel like screaming. Why is it that customer care is poor in France?
Fortunately we have only had good experiences once to take back goods to Leroy Merlin and they couldn't have been more obliging. The second time when we bought an outdoor table and chairs,from the DIY store on the way to Ceret they gave us mismatching chairs. When I took them back and moaned about the waste of petrol and wait time for the new ones to arrive, they gave us teak oil worth 17 Euros to compensate for the error and wasted petrol.
I suppose not all stores can be tarred with the same brush.
Sounds like you are winning now Thumbers. Tighten the thumbscrews when you get sorted. :lol: Xcuse the pun.