taxe foncière

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

taxe foncière

Post by sue and paul »

I'd like to make some enquiries about our taxe foncière. Basically I don't think we've paid any !! Which is what I need to find out, before a third year in our house goes by. Who should I contact? - I'm not sure, as I haven't got any paperwork to refer to !
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

I didn't get my habitation one so went first to the impots in Ceret then to the tresor in le Boulou. I have looked on my foncieres and the centre des impots is in Perpignan 24 avenue de la cote vermeille 66018 Tel 0468664138. Tresor is still le Boulou. Not sure if you area is the same.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks Kathy. I think I'll poop into St André Mairie this afternoon
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

thought I'd leave that unfortunate typo for a giggle :lol:
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

S&P
Have you paid your tax fonciere previously at some other address. This could allow the authorities to continue sending to your "Stale" address. This happens often. Finally they're going to find where you are now and they're going to want all of the taxes in one lump.

I know a guy who had this last year. He kept saying it's their problem. The tax people forced him to cough up to pay immediately. The tax people freezed his bank account.

Best to find this out and you'll sleep easier.

Blackduff
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Yes, we want to find this out - how did you know that I've been losing sleep over it...spot on BD ! We realise that we'll have a large amount to pay. We moved from the UK, not another French address.

When we bought in April 2006, we repaid, to the beneficiaries of the previous (deceased) owner, the part of the year's Taxe Foncière remaining, which is common practice when a house changes hands during the TF year. We paid it to their notaire, Maître Courty, when we signed the contract. The only paper we have which relates to TF is the declaration for 2005...we have never heard from the Centre des Impôts about Taxe Foncière, although we are paying the Taxe d'Habitation. I have just been to the Trésor Publique in Argelès, where I was told to contact the Centre des Impôts Fonciers in Perpignan. so...hey-ho, off I go !! :D
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I'm not sure who told me but the Tresor Public is just a receiver of the taxes. They're happy to see the checks but they cannot fix anything.

If you do check and see what's causing the problem, they might give you enough time to pay in the back arrears.

Good luck and let the rest of us how this works.

Blackdufff
rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rbg »

The notary is supposed to notify the relevant authorities when a property changes hands ( as it should be registered in your name now)
Maybe you could check with Maitre Courty that he has done this?
The following year after purchase of a property , the bills should be in the new owners name..
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks for the replies. Maître Courty was the vendors' notaire - ours was Maître Pujula.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Yes it was the centre des impots who I got to inform me how much we owed in taxes.Then off to the tresor to give them a cheque. I found it odd that I had got the habitation to England yet not the fonciere, I struggled through with my basic French at the centre des impots to explain the problem. Only next year will see if I was successful. I shall be chuffed if it goes well.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Good luck then Kathy. If there's anything interesting generally to report when I've sorted this, I'll post it here
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

I have phoned the Perpignan 'Centre des Impôts Fonciers', 24 avenue de la Côte Vermeille 04 68 66 41 41.

We are soon to receive our TF account for 2007 (due last October :cry: , not our fault it never got here !) and then we're on track to catch up in October 2008 for another whack.

It turns out they had tried to bill the beneficiary of the previous deceased owner, who had simply told them the property had been sold. I wonder why they hadn't written to us...it's not as if they didn't know the address! The vendor's notaire is supposed to notify.

Ah well, another job done. We're a bit more integrated ! As we will be again, when Paul finally gets his re-issued photo-version Carte Vitale (we ARE back in the 'system') . Jean Paul Sicre, Mons et Giannotti/Generali, Argelès, has organised our new Generali complémentaire, good man.