Parking Fine

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

martins
Rank 0
Rank 0

Parking Fine

Post by martins »

I was towed for parking illegally ..... While in the police station I was given my ticket but no-one seems to want to let me pay...

Tried at the police station, post office, bank etc.....

Can anyone guide me on how I close this out....

Many thanks in advance.

Martin.
SNOOD
Rank 0
Rank 0

parking fine

Post by SNOOD »

Hi
You need to send a payment to the Tresor Public, (adress is on the fine),this can be done by cheque or by buying a fiscal stamp at the "librairie". The other alternative is to go to the local Tresor Public office and pay in cash. You usually have 45 days before a "majoration" fine which is usually quite steep.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I paid a speeding fine on-line with my French debit card. There should be instructions on the document - are you sure you have received the proper form yet? Mine was headed 'Avis de contravention au code de la route' but I don't know if it is the same one for parking offences.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Carol, I have a vision of a great-grandmother in a nissan micra doing a tonne on a 60kph road with Bat out of hell blasting from the radio :roll:
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I wish, Opas! More like 56 kph and playing Simon and Garfunkel. I did get stopped in Spain doing about 130 kph - I was playing Ravel's Bolero and speeded up along with the music!
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Martin
If you have a normal ticket, go to a tabac and buy the stamp for this fine. Then apply this stamp onto the place on the fine itself. Next, buy a real stamp for mailing the document and put this on the top right part, where stamps normally are affixed. Then post this.

It's pretty easy but you have to decide how much of the stamp to buy. You can go to the Tresor Public and they can tell you how much for the stamp.

Blackduff
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

To add to Blackduff's advice - if you have a scanner, copy the completed form with both stamps and save it to a .pdf doc - on an external hard disk if you have one - before posting. I do this so I can print a colour copy off any time. Useful, too, is to copy over original Ebay photos of anything you purchase like jewelry etc. - saves you having to do your own and they are usually of good enough quality in case of theft/loss insurance claims.

So far, this practice has "saved" me 5 or 6 times over the past years.
I also do this with my carte grise, driving licence, all medical attestations, carte vitale, online tax receipts etc. It pays off and makes one feel more secure in case of problems.

The latest time was last Friday week when I sent off an international registered parcel to my daughter in Goldingen (CH) for my grandson's birthday which is on 11DEC. The post office lady managed to send it without "flashing" so it never appeared in the online tracker. She didn't believe it - until I produced a colour copy of the receipt with my and her signature on it - then panic stations!!

Anyway, this time - OK Natalie received the parcel a week later - but without it ever having been tracked through the French postal system - great!!

Cheers,
Roger
martins
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by martins »

Many thanks for all the input...

I seem to have a few payment options open to me.

The form I have is 'contravention a l'arret ou au stationment'

The forum is a great source for local knowledge and much appreciated.

Regards,

Martin.