Collioure recommendation

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Collioure recommendation

Post by rbg »

Morning all

I've a group of 8 touring on Monday and I want to take them to Collioure for lunch. Can anyone recommend a good reasonable restaurant, pref with nice views that is open on Mondays and can cater for 8 ( indoors if weather not good)?

Mercy
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

My recommendation would be to drive the extra five mins and go to Port Vendres to eat.

Much better quality,price,service etc and parking is easier.Views are comparable to Collioure.

The Chalut,Archipel,or Tramontane would be ideal.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Karen
Both Archipel and Chalut have menus in the range of 14€. You can take the group over to Collioure after your meal and have a coffee somewhere. Overall, you're going to be happy.

Both Chalut and Archipel have great food and the wine in pichet is good and cheap. Chalut has Corneilla's white which is quite nice.

http://www.la-petite-reine-argeles.com/ ... chalut.jpg

This is a friend having moules from the starter on the 14€ menu. Miammm!

Blackduff
rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rbg »

Thanks boys, that's what I'll do - lunch on the marina in PV and then on to Collioure for a stroll.
Tough job, but someone's gotta do it! :D
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Bon appetit.

Of course there's always the place on the far quayside on the way to the fishing harbour (just forgotten its name). Superb,but with 8 of you ,and at least 50€ a pop,you or your clients would have to be well-heeled.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

That's the Cote Vermeille. Great food but very, very expensive. It's built direct onto the sea wall. If you pass this restaurant, you get to the auction hall and you can have a plate of shrimp while you're having a drink. My rentor was there two weeks back. He said it's great.

Blackduff
rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rbg »

I took my group of 8 to La Tramontane in Port Vendres as suggested here - and what a treat. The place has been revamped since I ate there last ( BC ) and is quite trendy and modern inside.

The lunch menu for €15 was excellent value and all 8 visitors ( and myself) were very happy with our meals.

For entrée , there was a choice of

6 oysters
Lobster bisque
Salad of hot goats cheese

Mains was a choice of either filets of merlan ( is that whiting as we know it?) or confit de canard

Dessert was a very unusual and delicious : aubergine crumble. YUM!

I went for the oysters and fish and it was excellent. The group could not get over the value for money - 6 oysters alone would cost you 15euros in Ireland.

Thanks guys, great recommendation.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Glad you enjoyed it. I think that the Tram has overtaken the Chalut in the VFM stakes in P Vendres recently.

I imagine Scandinavia is pricey,but it sounds like Ireland is vying for top spot with the UK and Switzerland in the "overcharging for food" table these days.