Bezier to Argeles

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

TOM AND BARB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Bezier to Argeles

Post by TOM AND BARB »

Hello,

Can anyone please advise me how best to get from Bezier train station to Argeles train station and if possible there on to Sorede ( by bus ?)

I know there is transport from Bezier airport to the train station on a navette.

I presumme there are fairly frequent trains from Bezier to Perpignan and then onwards to Argeles.

Perhaps someone has a link to train timetables online ?

Also are there different rates that apply to train travel ( like the fiasco that is / was British Rail ) depending on what type of ticket you ask for and when it is booked .

Thanks
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/billet-trai ... Fare_76407

Hope this works!

If not, you can go in via www.voyages-sncf.com and then type in Beziers - Argeles sur Mer.

They're not even saying that you would need to change at Perps!

It was 16€40 for 1 adult 1 way at the end of June when I checked.

Hope this helps! :lol:
TOM AND BARB
Rank 3
Rank 3

bezier to argeles

Post by TOM AND BARB »

Hi,

Thanks very much for the reply.

The weblinks are just what I was looking for.

All I need now is to sort out transport from Argeles to Sorede which will I suspect may have to be taxi.

Thanks again

T&B
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

You're welcome, Tom and Barb.

I think it may well be taxi as the bus doesn't appear to cover Argeles - Sorede

http://www.cg66.fr/routes_transports/tr ... nan_09.pdf

Taxi shouldn't be too expensive, though, it's only 7 kms :D
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

TOM AND BARB wrote:All I need now is to sort out transport from Argeles to Sorede which will I suspect may have to be taxi.
Frankly, T&B, if I, as a retired person with time on my hands, were still living in Le Soler and not near Carcassonne, I would come and pick you up in Argeles and take you to Sorede just for the pleasure of doing a favour and meeting people.

I did this in the PO sometimes and I have done in Carcassonne. Surely there are enough generous souls in the PO that one or other could do this for you without all this polemic about taxis and stuff - which I have noticed various contexts in various threads on several occasions over the months and years??

They call this community spirit!!!

It just needs someone with time and a little "heart" to anonymously (if they so wish) - without having to publish the fact on this forum - send you a "quiet" PM!!!

Cheers,
Roger
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Roger O wrote:
TOM AND BARB wrote:All I need now is to sort out transport from Argeles to Sorede which will I suspect may have to be taxi.
Frankly, T&B, if I, as a retired person with time on my hands, were still living in Le Soler and not near Carcassonne, I would come and pick you up in Argeles and take you to Sorede just for the pleasure of doing a favour and meeting people.

I did this in the PO sometimes and I have done in Carcassonne. Surely there are enough generous souls in the PO that one or other could do this for you without all this polemic about taxis and stuff - which I have noticed various contexts in various threads on several occasions over the months and years??

They call this community spirit!!!

It just needs someone with time and a little "heart" to anonymously (if they so wish) - without having to publish the fact on this forum - send you a "quiet" PM!!!

Cheers,
Roger
This is most uncharacteristically churlish of you Roger. There are several points here. Though I can't speak for them,perhaps T+B don't want to rely on "charity"...ie they'd like to be independent and pay their own way? Secondly,how do you know that someone has not sent them a PM of the sort you mention?

I'm not sure community spirit is anything to do with it. Do free "taxi rides" come under that headin? I'm not so sure. T+B don't mention dates/times.,so its difficult to offer.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

John, this is your fault for publishing that "Psychoville" thing - it brought "something" to the surface - see my post on that thread!
http://tartarus.org/andrew/content/tic/logo.gif

I wouldn't call my above "churlish", though I get your point and I agree it was a bit stupid to write what I wrote - and rather uncharacteristic.

Perhaps has something to do with the current stress of Alizée doing her BAC exams and Annaïck trying to cope with work in a deluxe hotel which has reduced its staff this year to the point where she has problems to cope with the service level required (and her own credo of offering only the best!!) which have caused her to work 2-3 hours extra over the last few days. Sorry to anyone who feels "attacked" by me... please don't!!

Roger
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
TOM AND BARB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Bezier to Argeles

Post by TOM AND BARB »

Hello Guys,

Thank you all for your contributions to my posting but please do not fall out over it.

My questions have been answered as requested and I am very grateful to all.

Can I now please respectfully request that this particular thread be stopped in order to preserve its original intent.

There may be others who one day may need the same or similar information without having to ask the same questions.

Many thanks.

T&B