Long term parking at Carcassonne and Gerona airport

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Long term parking at Carcassonne and Gerona airport

Post by Rose »

Can anyone tell me anything about this? I am considering leaving my car at one of these airports over the winter if flights to Perpignan have been stopped. I usually leave it at the airport at Perpignan.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

We have friends who have an annual car park season ticket for Carcassonne airport and find it worthwhile since they are backwards and forwards quite a bit. I think it cost them between 3 and 400 euros. I can find out exactly how much if you want to know.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I just googled 'long term parking at Carcassonne airport' and got the complete list of charges. Annual ticket is €530 .
You can find virtually anything on google.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

carol sheridan wrote:I just googled 'long term parking at Carcassonne airport' and got the complete list of charges. Annual ticket is €530 .
You can find virtually anything on google.
clever girl, carol.

keep meaning to tell you - i was in Hull for a year at Endsleigh.
Seem to remember we (all girls) had to be back "home" by 10.30 each night or we were locked out and had to explain why before we were allowed in to our rooms!
sorry to say I hated it and transferred to Twickers for the rest of my teacher training.
nice white telephone boxes though - in the days when there were telephone boxes that worked
(and before 20p for the phone had even been invented, opas!)
Serge

Post by Serge »

I too googled it and it kept saying Roger's drive .........
Mimmi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Parking at Girona Airport

Post by Mimmi »

We have been using Punt Central for 1.5 yrs now. The car park is about 1/2 mile from the airport and they have a free shuttle service taking you or picking you up. Everything is well organised and we are happy with it.
Annual cost around 650 €

www.puntcentral.com
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

Many thanks for helpful replies. Tried to 'phone Ryanair today to ask about winter flights to Perpignan. On their site it gives you an 0800 number and says it is 10p per minute but when you 'phone this number it tells you to 'phone an 0900 number and the charge will be £1 per minute
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Rose wrote:Many thanks for helpful replies. Tried to 'phone Ryanair today to ask about winter flights to Perpignan. On their site it gives you an 0800 number and says it is 10p per minute but when you 'phone this number it tells you to 'phone an 0900 number and the charge will be £1 per minute
looks as if phoning them costs about the same as a flight then!
thanks for trying anyway.