gerona parking

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

admiral
Rank 2
Rank 2

gerona parking

Post by admiral »

Planning to visit gerona centre for a day in Nov, will be there from lunch time til 19:00, am i better parking in a car park or feeding a meter on the street.

Petrol prices : any cheaper in France or Spain or Perthus

Regarding the shopping in perthus, is it worth buying meats, cheeses there or no real saving
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

There is free parking in Gerona. I wrote to the tourist office and they sent me a map and other information which was very useful. The free car park was very convenient for the centre.
Fuel was cheaper in Spain the last time we were there but I have never bought food, although I have been told it is cheaper.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Deisel in spain is now only 3-5 cents cheaper than the supermarket petrol in france.

Tinned fish is much cheaper ie mackerel .anchovies. as are olives and salami .
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

It was a much greater difference than that this morning, Opas! I topped up on the motorway just after j5.

Parking in Gerona is easy - you shouldn't have any problems at all with that.

Beer is cheaper in Spain, as is tobacco. Bath foam and shower gel are MUCH cheaper as is some coffee.

A lot of people buy their meat in Jonquera as it's cheaper, too.
admiral
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by admiral »

Kathy wrote:There is free parking in Gerona. I wrote to the tourist office and they sent me a map and other information which was very useful. The free car park was very convenient for the centre.
Hi Kathy

Do you have any further info on free parking in Gerona
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

I have a map showing where the free parking is but it is out in France. I got it from the tourist office. I e-mailed them asking for information about points of interest and it was included in the pack. If you are not in a rush I will send you the info next week as I am in the UK at the moment. I would suggest though sending for this map. It was free and it was a detailed map of the city centre.

http://www.girona-tourist-guide.com/en/ ... a-map.html
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

On sunday morning we paid 94.something? for a litre of Deisel, that was the cheapest we found in LJ and on the road from gerona to Roses, the same day leclerc and intermarche in Le Boulou were selling Deisel at around 97 cents.

Olive oil is another bargain to be had....not for the fuel tank though! :wink:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

lol :lol:
admiral
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by admiral »

Hi Kathy

Many thanks for the link to tourist office, will get em to post me a map
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

You can find the Girona tourist map online

http://www.girona.cat/turisme/eng/activitats.php

Just scroll down a bit to the column on the right hand side headed +Info. and then click the first item called Tourist Map.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Excellent Helen. That is the map I have. We parked in B6.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

opas is right. the difference in fuel prices in Spain v France is negligible these days. Tues the cheapest I could find in Spain was 91c. Yesterday,Auchan in Perps was 93c. Where there IS a huge difference is on Motorways. In Spain,it's about the same as other petrol outlets,whereas in France it's about 20c a litre dearer. An absolute rip off,and anyone who buys at an Autoroute aire has more money than sense.

Food is still a good deal cheaper in Spain,and the meat, certainly in this part of Spain, is FAR superior to French meat (esp beef and pork),not to mention cheaper. As Thumbers says,detergents are much cheaper in Spain. They are an outrageous price in France. UK is far better value.