house insurance

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

smithkei
Rank 1
Rank 1

house insurance

Post by smithkei »

I have had my house in St Cyprien for 7 years now,and i have used Axa every year,and every year the premium goes up, well its to expensive this year, i know i will have to pay again this year as i need to give notice to cancel. Does any person know of an insurance company that perhaps will be cheaper,thanks Keith.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I use AXA too. This spring I started to the amounts my neighbors payed and they said it was much cheaper. Certainly I have two cars and other properties but some parts that they're the same (same car-new year).

We called the AXA woman and told her the prices our neighbors are paying. She did say some things were not exact, and the neighbor didn't get the full coverage.

In any case, she went and checked the prices of everything. She went through the policies and reduced the total of 500 € less.

I guess you should talk with your agency and see if they can drop the primes. You're a good customer and they're going to try and keep you as a good customer.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

I've been using AXA for years now - not any more!!!

I'm with Groupama at Le Boulou. They are excellent - really helpful and they have saved me over 400 euros a year on my house insurance alone!!!

Highly recommend them!
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Strange really, we've been with Assurance 66 since 1992 in Pont de Reynès which mostly used Generali.
Now Joëlle has 75% retired (supposed to be 100%) it's been taken over by Mr Santalo as an AXA agency -
and all our premiums (same cover) have gone down drastically!!

.. and no... they weren't exhorbitant before, either!
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
smithkei
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by smithkei »

Thanks for the info Keith.
blackduff wrote:I use AXA too. This spring I started to the amounts my neighbors payed and they said it was much cheaper. Certainly I have two cars and other properties but some parts that they're the same (same car-new year).

We called the AXA woman and told her the prices our neighbors are paying. She did say some things were not exact, and the neighbor didn't get the full coverage.

In any case, she went and checked the prices of everything. She went through the policies and reduced the total of 500 € less.

I guess you should talk with your agency and see if they can drop the primes. You're a good customer and they're going to try and keep you as a good customer.

Blackduff
smithkei
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by smithkei »

I think they charge what they like. thanks for info
smithkei wrote:Thanks for the info Keith.
blackduff wrote:I use AXA too. This spring I started to the amounts my neighbors payed and they said it was much cheaper. Certainly I have two cars and other properties but some parts that they're the same (same car-new year).

Blackduff
smithkei
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by smithkei »

thumbelina wrote:I've been using AXA for years now - not any more!!!

I'm with Groupama at Le Boulou. They are excellent - really helpful and they have saved me over 400 euros a year on my house insurance alone!!!

Highly recommend them!
Thanks for that i will try Groupama next year,Keith.
smithkei
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by smithkei »

Blackduff
Thanks for info Keith.
Rivesaltes Johnny
Rank 2
Rank 2

Insurance

Post by Rivesaltes Johnny »

Just had my renewal notice to find AXA put my insurance up nearly 10% and since having our property since 2002 the total cost has gone up by nearly 150 Euros. With the current euro/sterling rate I felt it was time to shop around.

On calling my AXA agent in France they reduced my premium to a level I was paying 2 years ago (amazing they could do that straight away) but using the AD web site I have now insured through a company listed called Intasure (www.intasure.com?introducer=400105) here in the UK and paying a premium I was paying 4 years ago.

Saving almost 100 Euros... great prompt friendly servce as well with them calling me within 15 minutes of completing an online quote request.

Have informed my local AXA agency I will not be renewing my policy with them and will be posting them the letter in the morning...
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Shows what you can do if you are prepared to put in a little legwork,Johnny.

My daughter who is in insurance in the UK tells me that inertia is the biggest factor in people not getting a better insurance deal. Basically,people cannot be arsed,and why should your company tell you about a better deal if you can't be bothered to ask?
collioure_bee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by collioure_bee »

Making me feel very foolish. I have just changed TO Axa from the bank (I know, I was wide eyed and niave when I signed at the bank). The Axa office in St Genis have given me a far better deal although I do find the car insurance a tad high at 60 euros a month considering I brought a full no claims with me and have clean licence.
Mimmi
Rank 2
Rank 2

House and car insurance

Post by Mimmi »

I was just working on the same subject (house and car insurance) and found that Direct Assurance are offering competitive rates if you are prepared to deal with them in Frenchover the phone . You can supposedly get a devis/price on the internet but it did not work in our case. But they finally emailed us a devis for our car and it will save us around €100 against AXA where we are now. www.direct-assurance.fr
House insurance still has to be checked out, I also got a good rate from GMF through the internet.