My tool needs attention

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

john
Rank 5
Rank 5

My tool needs attention

Post by john »

I have several sets of shears/secateurs that are rather blunt after the summer's work.,and need sharpening in time for the autumn pruning.

Does anyone know anybody in the Céret area who offers this service.?I've taken them into various quincaillerie places who have all said that they do not do this sort of thing. The DIY places are worse than useless.

I suppose I could do them myself with a sharpening stone,but in my experience you get a much sharper tool if it's done mechanically.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

John
The shoemaker (do you have one left in your area) can normally sharpen knives, so the tools could be possible too.

If not, try at Castorama. They fix, sharp, etc. at their rework section. Leroy might do this too.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Mr T says go to Remi at Degardin on the Zone Oulrich opposite to Catena.
Puddles
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Puddles »

John, if you try somewhere that advertises 'Motoculture' which is normally someone who sharpens chainsaws & other gardening equipment , I am sure they will be able to point you in the right direction if they cant do your tools.
It is no good trying one of the multinationals.
In fact I have had a very quick scan & it seems the nearest to you may be Prades.
The nearest to me is Rivesaltes.
Hope this helps & keep a good grip on your tool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

It's Degardin Motoculture at Ceret, Puddles.
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

Hi John,
You could try Reynes motoculture on the Prats /Amelie road, just on the right hand side,coming from Ceret.
I've taken in few different drill configs there, large steel,wood and masonary bits and all came back razor sharp!
Thanks Rob
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

We swear by the results from Degardin - Mr T's never had any complaints about his tool once its had some attention there!! :D :D :D