Covid contamination hot spots revealed
Since the start of the pandemic, researchers around the world have been furiously studying data, trying to understand how contamination occurs.
The British government has released a list of hot spots, based on two studies, of 10 000 people each, in England and Wales.
Comparing infections from October 2020 – April 2021 and September – November 2021, researchers have drawn up the following pandemic podium.
- In first place (35/36%) : shopping in large supermarkets and shopping centres
- In second place (12%/14) : public transport
- In third place (7%/9%) : at work.
‘Other activities’ makes runners up position and is divided into 2 categories:
- The highest risk of the indoor locations is restaurants.
- Pubs, bars, night clubs, gyms and parties pose a more moderate risk.
- Cinemas, theatres, concerts, sporting events, hairdressers and beauticians pose no risk.
- Taking part in sporting activities presents a risk.
- Terraces of bars, pubs, restaurants or nightclubs poses no risk.
So that’s it then, it’s been scientifically proven that we should do no sport and go for a drink instead! Suits us 😉