- This event has passed.
SwimRun – back on the agenda for 2021
18th June - 19th June
Now an established date on the sporting calendar, Argelès-sur-Mer has the distinct privilege of hosting the annual SwimRun Event for the Côte Vermeille.
Each year, in June, this relatively new discipline pitches teams of 2 against one another in a race along our beautiful yet unforgiving coast line. At times swimming, at times running ; participants test their mettle across 6 possible distances, tackling the coastal coves of the Mediterranean and the rocky trails of the Albera Massif.
Over 6 years, the event has been watched on line in over 157 countries, with 31 nationalities represented among the participants. And at the last event in 2019, women made up 33% of finishers… girl power!
Organisers were worried that they would again be forced to cancel the event this year but just one month out, things seem to be on track… we’re keeping everything crossed!
Strict health precautions will of course be in place to protect athletes, volunteers and spectators.
- La Kids (over 12 years) : 4km, covering 46 vertical metres
- La Courte (short) : 13km from Collioure, covering 328 vertical metres
- La Moyenne (medium) : 26km from Port-Vendres, covering 738 vertical metres
- La Longue (long) : 47km from Banyuls-sur-Mer, covering 1863 vertical metres.
- L’Ultra (crazy!) : 63.3km from Cerbère, covering nearly 2.5 vertical kilometres (2498m)
(*Vertical meters measure the incline/decline of a route)
Got what it takes?
Online registration is now open
Certain events are already fully booked but you can put your name on a waiting list in case other teams pull out.
You can also get involved as a volunteer to help with organisation on the day. Sign up here.
For more info:
Want to be involved but don’t fancy competing?