- This event has passed.
SwimRun : a jewel of the Côte Vermeille
Up for a challenge? We’ve got just the thing…
Now an established date on the sporting calendar, Argelès-sur-Mer has the distinct privilege of hosting the annual SwimRun Event for the Côte Vermeille.
Each year, in June, this relatively new discipline pitches teams of 2 against one another in a race along our beautiful yet unforgiving coast line. At times swimming, at times running ; participants test their mettle across 6 possible distances, tackling the coastal coves of the Mediterranean and the rocky trails of the Albera Massif.
- La Nyns (over 10 years) : 1.5km, covering 16 vertical metres*
- La Kids (over 12 years) : 2.5km, covering 26 vertical metres
- La Courte (short) : 12.8km from Collioure, covering 326 vertical metres
- La Moyenne (medium) : 26.2km from Port-Vendres, covering 738 vertical metres
- La Longue (long) : 45.8km from Banyuls-sur-Mer, covering 1863 vertical metres.
- L’Ultra (crazy!) : 63.9km from Cerbère, covering nearly 2.5 vertical kilometres (2498m)
(*Vertical meters measure the incline/decline of a route)