Covid 19 Update with CSF Languedoc
CSF Languedoc share the latest information on the sanitary situation in our area.
Taken from verified government sources, their bulletins are a fountain of knowledge during these uncertain times – big thank you to CSF Languedoc!
Read their previous reports here.
Welcome to our forty-ninth bulletin during the Coronavirus epidemic.
In this bulletin, we bring you news about the relaxation of the wearing of masks and an update on travel arrangements if you are travelling to England plus news about the costs of PCR and lateral flow tests.
Wearing of Masks Outdoors
[Editor’s note: the original bulletin was written for Hérault so we have updated according to the latest info for the P-O]
Since 13th September 2021, it is no longer compulsory to wear a mask outdoors, with the following exceptions:
- Outdoor areas around schools and colleges at arrival and departure times
- Outdoor markets, car boot sales
- Sports facilities (not applicable to those participating in sport)
- Outdoor areas in railway stations, bus stations, airports, ports, bus and tram stops
- Outdoor areas around places of worship
- Large assemblies (festivals, outdoor entertainments)
- Queues and busy tourist/commercial/pedestrian zones
- Anywhere social distancing measures cannot be implemented
Masks are no longer obligatory in indoor establishments requiring the pass sanitaire.
Travel to England from France
From 4th October 2021, for anyone who is doubly vaccinated, there will be no need for a negative PCR test less than 72 hours old. The Day 8 test will also no longer be necessary.
Travellers from France to England will still be required to:
- book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 test – to be taken after arrival in England
- complete your passenger locator form – any time in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
- take a COVID-19 test on or before Day 2 after you arrive in England
You can find a list of authorised travel test providers here.
For the moment, this applies only to England. Please check for requirements for travel to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Reimbursement of PCR or lateral flow tests
From 15th October 2021, PCR or lateral flow tests in France will only be reimbursed on presentation of a medical prescription*.
PCR tests are carried out at specialist testing centres (see here for the interactive map to find your nearest testing centre).
Lateral flow tests are carried out at local pharmacies.
The cost of the tests has not yet been published, but it is likely to be similar to the price already paid by foreigners (29€ for the lateral flow test and 49€ for the PCR test).
*NOTE: As part of the incentive to get people vaccinated, these tests will continue to be reimbursed – and available without prescription- for those who are fully vaccinated.
Cancer Support France-Languedoc (CSF-L), Covid-19 response
CSF-L continues to support Anglophones touched by cancer in the Hérault and Aveyron, as well as extending support to people touched by Covid-19 during the crisis. In line with guidance, this is done at distance. Our Helpline can be reached on 04 67 44 87 06. (This is a voicemail service and we aim to return calls within 24 hours of a message being left).
If there is information you would like to share with others, please contact us using our email address: email@example.com
We hope you stay safe and well.