- This event has passed.
RACOU: FOIRE DES ÉLEVEURS, ARGELES
8th April 2018
Foire des Éleveurs
Local producers and exhibitors will gather in the Racou carpark to share their expertise on the many animal breeds raised locally. Open to the public, it promises to be a great family outing!
Free admission, parking and entertainment
– Plowing demonstration by animal traction
– Sheepdog demonstration
– Sheep shearing demonstration
– Mobile bee hives
– Sack Race, ball-round racing, children’s stories
– Exhibition of animals: cows, sheep, goats, poultry, horses, donkeys, pigs …
– Farmers Market – Wide variety of products: duck preserves, wines, cheese, honey, vegetables, fruit juices, jams, snails, bread, olive oil …
– Children’s area: “Le coin des petits fermiers’
– Free pony rides
– Discussion of the challenges faced by local cattle breeders
At 12.30pm sample the delicious locally reared Albères veal or share a casse-croûte with the farmers!