- This event has passed.
Fête de la Mer et des Littoraux, Le Barcarès
8th July - 11th July
Fête de la Mer et des Littoraux
The coastal town of le Barcarès is organising four days of family fun to celebrate the sea and the coast – a highlight of any visit to the region!
Raising awareness of the difficulties facing the coastal ecosystems and promoting preservation and conservation ideas, there are plenty of activities for all ages.
- (Re)discover the incredible history of the barques catalanes, now protected as part of the historic monuments programme and enjoy a trip aboard
- Try your hand at various fishing techniques, with instruction from expert fishermen and women
- Browse new and second hand boats at the salon des croiseurs
- ‘Walk on water’ with a guided tour aboard the aquastepper
- (Re)discover the incredible flora and fauna around the fishermen’s huts of the étang
- Bag a bargain at the nautical flea market
- And much, much more…!
Check out the full programme here.
For the full programme, call the Tourist Information on 04 68 86 16 56.