- This event has passed.
Visit to Port Vendres of the Hermione
20th April 2018 - 22nd April 2018
VISIT OF THE FRIGATE HERMIONE
The replica French War Ship “Hermione” will sail into Port Vendres on the 20th April 2018 in a rare presentation for the public.
The historic ship measures 80m long and a little over 10m wide. She can host a crew of more than 90 mariners. Equipped with 26 canons, the original vessel was in service from 1779 to 1793 as part of the Concorde fleet constructed in 1777 by Rochefort.
She famously carried the Marquis de La Fayette to America in 1780, where he joined George Washington in their fight for independence.
The ship will be docked in Port Vendres from 20th to 22nd April open to the public from 2pm to 5.30pm on Friday, 10am to 5pm on Saturday and 10am to 4.30pm on Sunday, when the boat will retake the high seas.
- Visits should be pre-reserved online here and visitors should bring a piece of identification (CNI, driving license …)
- Flat shoes recommended
- Backpacks must be left at the entrance of the building, before the visit
- Photographs and videos not allowed
- Some areas of the ship will not be accessible to people with reduced mobility
- 5€ for adults, 2€ for children, free for under 6s
Office de Tourisme Port Vendres
1 Quai François Joly
04 68 82 07 54