- This event has passed.
Le Dionysiade Wine Festival
27th May 2018
The Syndicat Agly-Verdouble – Pays Touristique is hosting (for the 25th consecutive year!) the ever-popular wine festival, Le Dionysiade. Each year the club chooses a different location to celebrate the rich history of viticulture in the P-O.
Last year brought together the very best producers of Vingrau. This year, on Sunday 27th May, they will be raising their glasses to the artisans and producers of Montner.
Nestled at the foot of the Força Réal mountain (507m), the village of Montner dates all the way back to 959AD. Built into the black shale rock, the town boasts a range of wines awarded the Apellation Côtes de Roussillon Villages and this will form the theme of 2018’s festival.
Highlights of the weekend include:
- A traditional tasting competition. As in previous years, teams of wine growers, work colleagues, groups and clubs (5 people minimum) compete against each other in the category of their choice.
- Free beginners’ wine tasting workshop allowing novices to discover the rich universe of wine.
- Guided walk of the vineyards
- Producer’s market. Meet the faces behind the products and purchase goodies to take home with you.
- Rustic, traditional meal accompanied by the best wines from across the Agly region.
- Heritage activities including guided tours of the church and exhibitions
- Musical entertainment
9am – 6pm
Entry costs just 5€