- This event has passed.
Le Dionysiade Wine Festival
17th October 2021
The Syndicat Agly-Verdouble – Pays Touristique is hosting (for the 27th time!) the ever-popular wine festival, Le Dionysiade.
Named after the Greek god of wine, Dionysos, each year the club chooses a different location to celebrate the rich history of viticulture in the P-O.
With previous events cancelled for obvious reasons, organisers and producers are chomping at the bit to welcome wine fans to this year’s festival.
Making their comeback with a splash, the 2021 Dionysiades will take place in the Gorges de Gouleyrous, between Tautavel and Vingrau, as well as in venues across the two towns.
A free shuttle bus (navette), will run between the various sites every 20 minutes.
Highlights of the weekend include:
- A traditional tasting competition. As in previous years, teams of wine growers, work colleagues, groups and clubs (5 people minimum) compete against each other in the category of their choice.
- Free beginners’ wine tasting workshop allowing novices to discover the rich universe of wine.
- Guided walk of the vineyards
- Producer’s market. Meet the faces behind the products and purchase goodies to take home with you.
- Rustic, traditional meal accompanied by the best wines from across the Agly region.
- Heritage activities including guided tours of the church and exhibitions
- Musical entertainment
Check out the full programme here.
Why not make the Dionysiades the culminating event of a 3 day binge… the Fascinant Weekend?
9am – 6pm
Entry costs just 5€