Complaining – know your rights!

Back in the UK, we all know, or have used, the Citizen’s Advice Bureau to complain about situations in which we feel our rights have been impinged. But here in France, if you want to make a complaint, do you know how to go about it?

The Conseil départemental de l’accès aux droits is a good first port of call! This government body was created to provide a public service, helping citizens and residents complain and access their rights. The Conseil can put you in contact with lawyers, notaries or jurists who can in turn advise you, and best of all, consultations are FREE!

The Conseil can help if you have been/are a victim of:

  • Assault/abuse
  • Domestic violence
  • Theft
  • Fraud

They can advise on the legalities of:

  • Business
  • Family law
  • Inheritance
  • Housing
  • Employment

How does it work?

Contact the Conseil départemental de l’accès aux droits by email, by telephone or by calling by in person (no appointment needed) and the team will forward your enquiry to the relevant professional body.

They are committed to providing a response as quickly as possible and setting up an appointment as close as possible to your place of residence- timely and practical!

All consultations are FREE OF CHARGE and completely CONFIDENTIAL.

Always bear in mind that these places are only as good as the people who run them!

Did you know?

The main centre is, of course, in Perpignan and all initial enquiries are dealt with there (see contact details below). However, other centres are available in Prades, Céret, Vernet-Salanque, Rivesaltes, Latour-de-France.


Address: La maison d’accès aux droits de Perpignan, 1 place Joseph Deloncle, 66000 PERPIGNAN

Tel: 04 68 66 34 56



Opening hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 12pm / 2pm – 5pm

L’image contient peut-être : texte qui dit ’Conseil Départemental de l'Accès au Droit de’

Leave a Comment